A powerful peregrine hunting falcon perched on a rock with its wings is a picture that I was after for a long time. And finally I had the opportunity to make it!
This beautiful specimen of a hunting falcon was photographed on location in the Gulf of Arabia. The shoot and setting was pre-arranged with studio lights, a rock to perch on and a painted backdrop - in the fashion of portraiture from the past.
The Peregrine Falcon (Falco peregrinus) is the fastest bird on earth. The name peregrine is Latin for wanderer. Peregrines got their name because peregrines often migrate long distances when the winter season comes.
Peregrine Falcon (Wings)
- Small 30x42cm (11.5”x16.5”), edition of 12
- Medium 42x60cm (16"x25"), edition of 12
- Large 84x120cm (33"x47"), edition of 5
- Delivered unframed in a tube
- 14 day return policy
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity